Independent Laboratory Test Results
|The questions most asked are what happens to your Engel™ or Waeco™ fridge/freezer when you fit a Twozone Refrigerator Compartment to it? Does it make the Engel™ or Waeco™ work harder? Does it draw more power from your battery? Does it affect the temperature of the Engel™ or Waeco™? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY what temperatures can I expect to obtain in my Twozone Refrigerator Compartment?
To answer all of these questions Twozone Manufacturing Pty Ltd commissioned Origin Energy Asset Management Services Pty Ltd, (“Origin”) of South Australia to run a series of tests for us.
Origin is a fully independent testing authority with an NCS Certified Quality Management System under ISO (International Standards Organisation) 9001 standard (the highest standard achievable) with Certification No. 6428.
Origin tests and certifies a number of the commercial refrigerators sold on the Australian market.
Fridge Performance Depends on a Number of Variables...
The performance of a refrigerator depends on a number of variable factors, not least of which are:
- Ambient temperature.
- Number of times the refrigerator is opened and closed in any given period.
- The amount of product contained within the refrigerator.
It is impossible to test against all of these variables, so in accordance with Australian Standards the following benchmarks were used:
- Ambient temperature: 32 degrees Celsius.
- The Engel™, with and without the Twozone Refrigerator Compartment attached, was tested continuously for 24 hours without any opening or closing.
A suitable loading of food and drink was placed in both the Engel™ fridge/freezer and the Twozone.
The Engel™ used was a 40Litre MT45FS along with a Twozone 32/40 (TZ32/40) the fridge was run on a DC power supply to monitor the amp hours. Temperature sensors were fitted at various levels in both the Engel™ and the Twozone. Power draw from the Engel™ was constantly monitored.
Both the Engel™ and Twozone were preconditioned to be at the ambient temperature of 32 degrees Celsius.
The loading was of food and drink preconditioned to be at 6 degrees Celsius and the frozen load was preconditioned to be at -20 degrees Celsius.
|With Engel™ running on a setting of 2||Engel™ alone||Engel™ with Twozone|
|Amp Hours use during first hour of operation||2.27||2.18|
|Amp Hours use during steady state operation||1.31||1.49|
|Temperature at Bottom of Engel™ after 4 hours operation||0°C||1°C|
|Temperature at Bottom of Engel™ after 24 hours operation||-4°C||-4°C|
|Temperature at Top of Engel™ after 4 hours operation||7°C||Not measured|
|Temperature of a can at bottom of Twozone after 4 hours operation||8°C|
|Temperature of a can at bottom of Twozone after 24 hours operation||8°C|
|Temperature of air at centre of Twozone after 4 hours operation||11°C|
|Temperature of air at centre of Twozone after 24 hours of operation||11°C|
|With Engel™ running on a setting of 4||Engel™ alone||Engel™ with Twozone|
|Amp Hours use during first hour of operation||2.22||2.16|
|Amp Hours use during steady state operation||2.22||2.18|
|Temperature at bottom of Engel™ after 4 hours operation||-1 C||-4.8 C|
|Temperature at bottom of Engel™ after 24 hours operation||-4 C||-8.8 C|
|Temperature at bottom of Twozone after 4 hours operation||3 C|
|Temperature at bottom of Twozone after 24 hours operation||3.5 C|
By attaching a Twozone Refrigerator Compartment to an Engel™ fridge/freezer:
- The Twozone will NOT make your Engel™ work any harder.
- As a cold fridge your Engel™ may use slightly more power, less than a 10% increase, for over a 50% increase in capacity. (An increase of 0.18 Amp hours on a setting of 2 on the Engel™)
- As a freezer the Twozone assists the Engel™ with respect that it uses less power with the Twozone (We believe that it is due to the Thermal mass created by the load in the Twozone)
- The Twozone doesn’t have any negative effects on the Engel™ at either of these 2 settings.
- The temperature differential between the Engel™ and the Twozone at these 2 settings is as expected. When using your Twozone as described you will have trouble free operation.